Fall 2018 Schedule
- IWL Open House ~ Wednesday September 5, 2018 12:00-3:00 pm
Campus invite to stop by the IWL for refreshments and to learn more about the IWL’s activities and plans.
- First-Year Students Dinner ~ Tuesday September 18, 2018 5:00-7:00 pm
The IWL Student Advisory Panel hosts a get-to-know-you catered dinner for all female first-year students.
- Awareness Event ~ Thursday September 27, 2018 12:00-1:30pm
Highlighting the wage gap and demand equal pay for equal work for Native Pacific women.
- Men of Distinction Honor IWL ~ Friday September 28, 2018 7-9pm Guest Speaker
- Women of Nichols Homecoming Event ~ Saturday September 29, 2018
Female alumni, past and present IWL panel members, and current students are welcomed to a brunch to celebrate the advancement of the Women of Nichols.
- Film Series: The Post ~ October 3, 2018 4:30-6:00pm Katharine Graham (Streep) is the first female publisher of a major American newspaper -The Washington Post. With help from editor Ben Bradlee (Tom Hanks), Graham races to catch up with The New York Times to expose a massive cover-up of government secrets that spans three decades and four U.S. presidents. Together, they must overcome their differences as they risk their careers—and very freedom—to help bring long-buried truths to light. Shown in the IWL Suite. Light refreshments and snacks will be served.
- Conversation Project ~ Wednesday October 10, 2018 12-1pm Conversation Projects are gatherings where students have the opportunity to meet and network with visiting professionals in a comfortable, conversational setting. Guest: Mairead Carey, Hamilton College ’18, Peace Corps Member- Liberia
- College Connection Mentoring Program/Part I ~ Monday October 22, 2018 8:00-2:00 pm
Volunteer Nichols students spend the day mentoring a group of high school juniors on visioning their future, networking, and assertive communication.
- Conversation Project~ Tuesday October 23, 2018, 12-1pm Guest: Dr. Lauren Bonilla from MIT. How social and environmental change intersects with processes of economic and political development.
- Talk the Vote WBZ NewsRadio ~ Monday October 29, 2018 8:00-10:00pm WBZ journalist Dan Rea will host the show and bring politicians as guest panelists.
- Negotiation Workshop ~ Tuesday October 30, 2018 5:00-7:00 pm In partnership with the American Association of University Women, female Nichols students will be trained in assertive, respectful salary negotiation techniques, in an effort to help decrease the gender wage gap. Dinner will be provided. Limited seats; registration required.
- NYC Trip ~ Thursday November 1, 2018, All Day Students will take a day trip to tour the United Nations Headquarters in New York City and speak with a representative on gender issues around the globe. We will spend the afternoon looking at local shops, businesses, and nonprofits run by female entrepreneurs.
- Conversation Project~ Thursday November 1, 2018 12:00-1:00pm`Guest: Dr. Katherine Moos from UMASS, historical and contemporary struggles over the length of the workday, including efforts to expand paid and unpaid family medical leave.
- Awareness Event ~ Thursday November 1, 2018 12:00-2:00 pm
Highlighting the wage gap and demand equal pay for equal work for Latina Women.
- Conversation Project ~ November, 7 2018 5:00-7:00pm
Guest: Ally Portee, Communications Specialist and Communications Consultant, Steele Creative.
- Film Series: Good Morning Pakistan: Journalists Under Threat and The Lives of Black Women- November 12, 2018 4:30-6:00pm Two 25-minute short documentaries focused on two different regions of the world.
- Massachusetts Conference for Women in Boston ~ Thursday December 6, 2018 2-10pm A small group will represent Nichols College at the largest women’s conference in the country.
- Nichols Honors Academy ~ Thursday December 6, 2018 11-1:40pm Bartlett High School Students visit the IWL to explore gender issues through activities and conversations.