We had a very busy fall semester at IWL! From conversations to negotiations to connections, IWL was committed to preparing our students for future leadership roles, and spreading messages of gender equality. While students have been back home for winter break, we have been busy planning for the spring semester. We are very excited for everyone to get back and continue with IWL’s mission. Here is a preview of some of the events coming!
- Conversation Projects: We will be continuing with our Conversation Projects for the spring semester. Last semester we brought women from fields of sales and marketing, hospitality, human resources, entrepreneurship, and criminal justice management. We hope to bring women this semester that will reach some of the other majors on campus as well.
- Lean In Circles: We will be continuing these monthly “Women of Nichols” Circles for female students, and launching a professional circle as well. The Circles are a comfortable and supportive way to meet others, and get motivated and inspired. You can learn more about the global movement that is Lean In Circles here.
- College Connection: The second day of our College Connection program will take place in March. The same junior students from Bartlett High School will return to campus for a workshop themed around the college experience, transition and application process. We are also thrilled to be welcoming Katlyn Grasso, CEO of GenHERation, to talk to the Nichols community and the Bartlett students about her journey as a young entrepreneur.
- Empowering Women in Business Conference: The 6th annual conference will take place on March 24th, bringing over 150 local women together to learn from presenters, network and hear from our keynote speaker, Adrienne Haslet-Davis, ballroom dancer and survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing. Registration is open!
- Equal Pay Day Bake Sale: Last year, we hosted our Equal Pay Day Bake Sale, where the women paid less than the men for the baked goods, the equivalent of the gender wage gap. It was a fun and great way to spread awareness. We will host this bake sale again in April.